Frequently Asked Questions
- Are your staff members CPR & First Aid Certified? Yes, all staff members are required to have current CPR & First Aid certification courses annually.
- Do you do background checks on your teachers & staff? Yes, we strictly enforce background checks for all staff members.
- Are you centers state licensed? Yes, Small World Child Care Centers are state licensed and regulated through the Division of Child Care Licensing.
- Do you provide meals free of charge? Yes. breakfast, lunch and PM snack are provided daily.
- Do your teachers have ongoing training? Yes, there are monthly training meetings and constant mentoring from the management staff, they receive at least 20 hrs of additional training every year.
- Does your site offer extra activites? Yes, we offer Dance & Tumbling weekly from ages 3 and up, as well as seasonal extracurricular activities which include Karate, Soccer, and Swimming! The classes are taught by outside studios.
- If I have more than one child of different age groups can they play together on the same playground? : Children are separated according to age groups. We can allow short visits to siblings to comfort or spend time together
- Can anyone pick up my child? No. Every child has an authorized pick up list provided by the parent or guardian. If your name is not on the list, you are not authorized to pick up that child. An ID must be presented at the time of pickup. Parents will then be notified if anyone is attempting to pick up your child and not authorized.
- Is there a structured curriculum? Yes, we have curriculum programs we offer- specific to age group and development.
Find out information about each of the Curriculum Programs we offer HERE
- What is the child to teacher ratio in each classroom? Infants 1:4, 2’s 1:7, 3’s 1:12, 4’s 1:15, 5+ 1:20
What are Small World Parents saying?
“Our three year old just loves his teacher and friends, and our first grader loves the summer camp program. They’ve always got an agenda so the kids are never bored. They come home excited every day exploding to tell us about it!”
“I have to say that Small World has been a great expeirence for both my daughter and I. I attended Small World as a child and have fond memories of my time there. That is why when I had my children they were right at the top of my list of providers. My expeirences with the staff no matter the circumstances have been great. They really seem to care about my daughter. They offer dance classes and karate classes on site which I think is great !!!!! And the coffee in the morning is nice, look forward to it. They are priced right even for a single mother like myself. Give them a two thumbs up!!!”
“I love all of the people there. They are like family to us and treat all of our kids (whether they go there or not) like their own and are very loved. We have never had any problems with them and all of the staff go the extra mile.”
“Small World, Thank you in advance for all your help, and all that each one of you do everyday my daughter is there. It’s a “huge” relief when I leave her for a day-I know she will be well taken care of. Small World staff are so fantastic-friendly, committed to the children, with continual support of values, rules, guidelines and fun.”