Hoppy Easter Cupcakes
Easter is this weekend and you are invited to hop on over to the kitchen and start baking with us!
We understand Easter might look a little different this year, but there’s nothing better than a delicious dessert to bring everyone together. You could even spruce it up with some mini Cadbury Eggs on top like these!
We encourage you to celebrate with those you are quarantined with, and any other family and friends virtually, and have a very Happy Easter!
SPICED CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
SPICED CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
- 2 cups 260g / 9oz plain / all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup 280g / 10oz Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks (2 sticks)
- 1 cup 200g / 7oz granulated sugar
- 1 cup 200g / 7oz lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups 260g / 9oz grated peeled carrots (4 to 5 carrots)
- 1 cup 100g / 3.5oz coarsely chopped walnuts
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 110 g / 4oz 1 stick Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks
- 225 g / 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups 260g / 9oz powdered sugar
- SPICED CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
- Heat the oven to 350º F / 180 C.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together, then whisk until well blended.
- Melt Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks and whisk together with both sugars and
- vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted Buttery Sticks, sugars and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture one third at a time, using a spatula or wooden
- spoon to gently fold through after each addition
- Add carrot and nuts, gently folding to combine.
- Divide batter into approx. 24 cupcake liners and bake for 14 to 18 minutes (or until a toothpick or tester inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- FOR A CAKE
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and line with parchment or baking paper.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake until the tops of the cake layers spring back when touched and when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean; 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans for 15 mins before turning onto cooling racks, remove any parchment paper and cool completely before frosting.
- LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In a large bowl, combine Country Crock Unsalted Buttery Sticks and softened cream cheese.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add lemon zest to taste and use lemon juice to adjust frosting consistency.
- For a large cake, add a little more lemon juice to get a smoother more spreadable frosting.
- For cupcakes, only add 1 tsp or leave the lemon juice out altogether for a firmer frosting consistency.