HALLOWEEN: 10 TIPS FOR HALLOWEEN SAFETY AND FUN for 2020
10 Tips for Halloween Safety and Fun
Halloween is this weekend! This year everything is different and Halloween is no exception. There are varied opinions as to whether or not children should be trick or treating this year. If you choose to let your kids trick or treat, here are some good safety ideas to keep in mind.
- Take an adult with you when you go trick-or-treating or to Halloween parties.
- Visit only the homes of friends and neighbors you know.
- Be patient as you approach each house. Let the trick or treaters already at the door leave the doorway before you approach it to avoid crowds at a doorway.
- When trick-or-treating at night, wear something white or reflective; glow bracelets, necklaces or sticks are always fun. Take a flashlight.
- If your costume includes a mask, make sure you can see good enough out of it. If not, take it off.
- Always try to walk on the sidewalk.
- Watch carefully and hold the hand of an adult when crossing the street at night.
- Be careful around lighted jack-‘o-lanterns.
- Remember to use good manners. Say “thank you” to those people who are choosing to continue Halloween traditions for your benefit, especially this year due to Covid.
- Let an adult check all your treats before you eat them.
This idea was originally found on Creative Critters’s blog.See the Original Post Here