Toddlers are such a fun age group. Their personalities are becoming stronger and they are curious about everything. They enjoy being active and figuring things out on their own. Our toddler rooms encourage this inquisitiveness with learning centers designed to enhance those skills.
There are centers for reading, pretend play, dress up, toys to encourage imaginative play, and creative art.
OUR TODDLERS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Radical Routines including music, movements, and finger plays, such as singing a song and acting it out. For example, singing “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” and doing the movements as they sing.
- Language/Cognitive including cutting out shapes out of felt and encouraging the children to make things from them on a flannel board.
- Fine Motor including making lacing cards for them to practice lacing a shoelace through the holes.
- Gross Motor including playing with balls of different sizes and playing toss.
- Social/Emotional including teaching them to share by making a game. Have the children sit in a circle. Using a stuffed animal, have the children take turns giving the animal a hug and then passing it to the person next to them for their turn to hug the animal.
- Sensory Exploration including using several items of the same color, place them all on a sensory table and allow them to touch all of the textures and reinforce that all of the different things that are all the specific color.
- Art Options such as finger-painting on the table and carefully pressing construction paper on the artwork, when they are finished, to take home.
- Outdoor Learning such as playing and creating in a sandbox.